FiTech EFI Tuning Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

30003 Kit IAC Not Adjustable after Firmware Update

Hi all,

I have a '79 Jeep Wagoneer with the AMC 360. Unsure of the cam specs installed, but vacuum hovers around 11-12, so I've been trying settings Cam 2 and Cam 3. I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time - so for now, IAC steps since that seems to be an important first step.

No matter what I do with the IAC screw, my steps stay at 85 after installing the latest firmware obtained from tech support. Previously, I was able to adjust this down to <10. I went ahead and redownloaded the ZIP file, re-extracted, and replaced the files on the handheld just to be sure it wasn't a corrupt file.

Has anyone encountered this before? The steps do go lower with the engine off, and change higher upon initial startup. I ended up adjusting the screw until the idle was around where I set, IAC remains at 85. I noticed that if I set IAC Steps to "AllZero", that setting never changes back to normal, even if I adjust the screw at temp, shut off until screen values disappear, and re-key on.

Did you run ecu programmer when you loaded new software to handheld.  Both the handheld and the unit must be programmed.

Quote from Austin DeHaas on June 24, 2023, 11:14 pm

Did you run ecu programmer when you loaded new software to handheld.  Both the handheld and the unit must be programmed.

Thanks Austin, this was the missing piece and took care of the IAC issue as well as some other things I saw like values saving out of range (like -99% ethanol).

For anyone who stumbles across this in the future, with the old handheld w/ arrows..

1. Go to Display Setup
  2. Scroll down to ECU Programmer and change to "Show"
  3. Go back to the main menu
  4. Scroll down to the new "ECU Programmer"
  5. Press Enter to start the update
  6. Once finished, wait a minute or so, turn off the ignition.
  7. Disconnect and reconnect the handheld.