FiTech EFI Tuning Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumYour Ride: Show off your FiTech1948 Ford F-1
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

1948 Ford F-1

Page 1 of 2Next

just getting my fi tech up and running. Think this is a great site and looking forward to getting it dialed in.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Deleted user, WhiteLightning and 48 Ford have reacted to this post.
Deleted userWhiteLightning48 Ford

Update:

Truck ran good when ramping up RPM but when I would smash WOT it would spit and sputter. Turned out my timing settings in Spark Map at WOT 6000, was actually set at 30 Deg but my 6000 advance was 39.8 with 15.4 idle advance at 9.0 Base timing. Seems to be running great Now. Reset WOT to 42 Deg. See right to anyone? Seems to be tuning great now when I snap to WOT.

Thanks for the compliment btw.  It is a work in progress.  I am no match for the admins over at Fitech Owners Group, but much less "static" on a website.  Hope to build more content and features as time progresses.  Hope the Users on this site have good results and begin to help others.

As for your motor, every one will like different WOT timing.  All depends on your engine build.  Must ask the basics though.

How do your plugs look?  IAC steps at idle?  Have you ran a datalog?  Fuel Pressure Gauge?  Did you phase the rotor?

I have refined this a little more... seems like I’m was on the right track. My engine is an exact build of another motor so I’m luck to have some specs which is nice. I went ahead and bumped my cam up to 2 from 3 in the engine set up. I then re adjusted my IAC steps to between 4-9 at idle at operating temp. I also adjusted my spark map now only running 38 degrees total now. I also Noticed it was getting a little rich at WOT so I adjusted the accel pump down  a little as well, Attached are pics of each of the numbers from the hand held, Seems to run great now, hopefully get it to the track to get some good data.

Uploaded files:

Plugs not bad. #2 plug Pic.

Uploaded files:

What is your vacuum at idle?

-12  to -15

ill upload a dashboard data log soon.

Hope this helps someone.

Attached is the CSV File from the Dashboard Datalog from a quick 15 minute run, I drove it at different RPM and held it to see if it would help learn. At the end I do a WOT Number seem be in line.

With the new set up I did a reset learn so only have about 100 miles on it, I read somewhere that it does not learn until the temp is over 170 does anybody know if this is accurate. Some EFI's have fast learn and stop learn, After I get more miles on it I might want to save this tune up. Any advantages to save this profile to the Fitech, I read somewhere you could, how many can you store?

Any feedback is appreciated

Tried to upload CSV Data log file and it would not allow me for some reason, so converted to PDF and it much be loo large to upload, Here is a link to see if this works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tp5h6mtuvj9fx9h/DashBoard41.1.pdf?dl=0

48 Ford and Deleted user have reacted to this post.
48 FordDeleted user

Definately a level 2 cam setting.  Level 3 is wrong.

Fyi.  15 min. datalog is a ton of data.  Too much to read.  When we are working the bugs out, a 30 second log just idling will tell us a lot.

Page 1 of 2Next