FiTech EFI Tuning Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

1958 Lister race car and 1934 Mercedes-Benz tribute each with small-block Chevies

I have recently acquired two cars that came to me with FiTech injection.

The Lister was made by Chuck Beck in Vila Rica Georgia. He is known for making 550 Porsches, 904 Porsches and a few Listers. Listers dominated racing unlimited classes in the late 1950s, winning against Maseratti, Jaguar and more. Carol Shelby began putting in small block engines. Lister's major driver was killed in a crash and Lister with crew from racing. My car was created by Chuck Beck in 1994. It has a 350 Crate engine, Cam, FiTech FI, space frame tubing, Corvette suspension and other mods. 0-60 under three seconds and can reach (but not me in it!) about 180mph. Handling neutral. A little over three feet high at the windshield. Your butt is about 5 inches off the ground and you sit inside the space frame chassis. 1800 pounds. The fastest and sweetest ride I have ever owned!

The picture is me, red hair and Chuck Beck, he is going on 86, great health even chain smokes Kool cigarettes.

The 1934 Mercedes was built by Heritage Cars in Florida in 1994. It was extensively modified with Mercedes upgrades by a fanatic to make it the best replica known. From the original Heritage with extensive reworking even to the point of shortening the frame by 4.5 inches to be an exactly as the original. down to the shape of the exhaust tips as the same as the originals. Wheels and tires are period correct. He added a 350 Crate engine with FiTech FI, Chevy 350 turbo transmission with overdrive. Of course power steering, power four wheel disk brakes, power windows, door locks. He also completely replaced the top with chrome frame and Mercedes top.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
69_R-Code and Austin DeHaas have reacted to this post.
69_R-CodeAustin DeHaas

Very cool cars.  Enjoy them in good health.

Werner Bartels

Beautiful cars.  Thanks for sharing!!!!

Austin