FiTech EFI Tuning Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

1959 Ford F-100, 30001 Go Street EFI, external fuel pump

My build is a 1959 Ford F-100 pickup truck - a "fridge" as they're commonly called.  Picked it up more than a decade ago and have been making slow progress on weekends since.  So much rust.

It has an SBC 350 with a cam, nothing crazy (calling it a 2 of 4).  Iron heads (poor flowing ones), two-bolt mains, headers with cats, HEI.  Front end is from a 2004 crown vic, so there's power disc brakes, power steering up front - still running v-belts.

Installed a FiTech 30001 Go Street EFI with FiTech external fuel pump kit in September 2019, but it's one I've had since 2016, and waited for a few months to get it.  Install went fine.  Break in seems okay.  Having what sounds like typical issues, stumble on accel from, and occasional stall at, stop signs.  Working through exhaust leaks to make sure my O2 sensor is reading reality, and I plan to put in a GM O2 sensor based on what I've read here.  Dual Chinese electric fans without a shroud seem to work well, but I don't see temps on the FiTech over 190, and I'm pretty sure that's not right from what I saw with a carburetor.  Also, O2 is installed with the clamps, not welded in.  That'll change before too long.

Today I had a good 30-40 mile one-way trip that revealed a lean condition (~18s AFR) on part-throttle accel, so I've adjusted the 170F accel settings to compensate, but just started working on that.  Going to go back and double check IAC performance at temperature.  Confident it's good, mostly because I don't remember there being a problem during install, but I also have a terrible memory so there's that.  More concerned with making sure the setup is as sound as I can make it before worrying too much about the tune.

Thanks for reading.

1959 F-100, SBC 350, FiTech GoEFI 400 HP, 30001 installed in July 2019.

Just updated the software on my unit - no problems whatsoever.  Afterwards, I was able to data log a warm idle.  With the exception of the IAC steps hitting zero for one cycle, I think it looks fine.  Since I reset the tune to the initial setup V8 tune, I am going to do some driving and report back as I dial it in.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ll7t082jr44dty8/20191229_warmidle_30s.csv?dl=0

If it's not cool for me to hang these in this spot (my build) as I go, just let me know and I'll stop.  Thanks.

1959 F-100, SBC 350, FiTech GoEFI 400 HP, 30001 installed in July 2019.

Log looks good.  Turn your steps up.  Never want to hit zero.  I usually run mine around 15.