FiTech EFI Tuning Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumYour Ride: Show off your FiTech1964 VW bug
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

1964 VW bug

Here is my fitech unit on my 1964 bug. Engine is a turbocharged 2276cc that I've been running a 600cfm edelbrock for a little over a year. It ran great with the edelbrock, got great fuel economy, and I figured tuning had gone as far as it could go with a carb. So, I decided to go fuel injected. The unit is a 30012 unit that will not only be used on my daily driver, but will also be used on my race bug with a 2332cc turbocharged engine running methanol (this is why I'm using the go efi 8 1200hp). For the street car it is programmed to only recognize 4 injectors. 2 are used in the throttle body and 2 are in the ports near the heads. I have so far run just under 2 tanks of gas through it and am still tuning. I purchased it from LowBugget.com (I've been dealing with Aj for years) and his out of the box tune was really close.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
bdhulderman has reacted to this post.
bdhulderman

Welcome!  That's cool!  Probably not too many fitech's on beetles I'm thinking.

I believe AJ Sim's has prep'd just under 200 units this year! He's been running one on his personal street and race cars and has been trying to talk me into installing one for years! It is great to tune it while driving- I don't have to get into my jet and tuning rods anymore!

bdhulderman has reacted to this post.
bdhulderman