FiTech EFI Tuning Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

48 Chevy thriftmaster

retro LS with trans control on a lq4/4l80 trans

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Nice build.  Finally, someone else, other than me, running the Retro LS system.

I see you are running an external throttle return spring.  I did the same thing.  Needless to say, though, the throttle is a bit stiff.  I don't see anywhere in the instructions where they recommend the use of external return spring.  I wonder if they are needed, or if they're only serving as peace of mind.

Quote from lo54ls on April 9, 2019, 2:04 pm

Nice build.  Finally, someone else, other than me, running the Retro LS system.

I see you are running an external throttle return spring.  I did the same thing.  Needless to say, though, the throttle is a bit stiff.  I don't see anywhere in the instructions where they recommend the use of external return spring.  I wonder if they are needed, or if they're only serving as peace of mind.

I find at least a light return spring is necessary.  But definately use the upper large hole for throttle attachment.  Use a solid metal bushing.  Rubber will flex under the Fitech spring pressure.

I unhooked the spring on the primary throttle plate and used my carburetor dual return spring so it would be drag legal (exactly like in your picture).  That lets the throttle open with basically the same pressure as the Holley carb and keeps the primary throttle blades solidly closed to prevent idle fluctuations.

65sohc has reacted to this post.
65sohc