FiTech EFI Tuning Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral Tuning: Tuning issues025 sensor
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

025 sensor

Page 1 of 3Next

Hi Austin

It seems my 02 sensor has failed.

What brand/part number should I replace it with to get the correct plug.

Thanks Mark

Mark johnson

It is the same as the O2 sensor for the 2001-04 VW Beetle (Upstream or Pre-cat)

Hi Austin

I went for a drive and it was running as it should. after about 45 min I was in a line of traffic and the car started to over heat 220deg. It was as if I had turned the key off, it stopped.

It was cranking freely but would only start with my foot flat on the gas peddle and wouldn't idle.

After a tow truck ride home and cold again, the car starts as it should, but looking at the AFR it slowly get richer over about 30 sec and at 10.4 AFR at idle, stalls. When I hold the revs at around 2000rpm it will slowly richen up to the point of running very rough, and will stall as soon as I take my foot off..

I put in a new o2 sensor but no difference.

Any Ideas??

Thanks Mark.

Mark johnson

Can you share a datalog?  Leave a Dropbox or Cloud link here.

I also leaned out the AFR targets on the hand held but it didn't respond, turned it off and restarted with the lean settings with no difference. I then disconnected the 02 sensor and started it, and it made no difference to the way it ran. The car wont run long enough to get warm. Do you still want a data log?

Thanks Mark

Mark johnson

Yes

Do you have full exhaust n this engine?

Yes have a full exhaust. The frustrating thing is we got the car running great about a month ago and Iv probably done 500 miles, then this!!

Mark johnson

The data should show us something.

Hi Austin,

Ive sent it from my partners work email (m.kan@barfoot.co.nz) to your hiway dreams account as I couldnt upload it here.

Cheers Mark

Mark johnson
Page 1 of 3Next